Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's A....

Today was probably the longest day in the history of my life. Just like this post will probably be the longest one of your day. :)

When I originally booked this ultrasound, I kept in mind that I did not want to sit around all day waiting to go to the doctor's office. I made an afternoon appointment when we had our fetal scan with Aubrey and it was awful. This time - I figure - I'll get it done first thing in the morning so we won't have to wonder all day. Great idea, right? YEAH.. right....

Then we decided that we were going to do a gender reveal party. I still had to go at 7:30 this morning and be tortured all day, knowing the results were in that little envelope and I was just a rip away from finding out the sex of the baby who would complete our family in February.


I kept my cool. After the appointment, Aubrey & I came home (Keith decided to go into work at his normal time instead of going in late, since we wouldn't be learning the sex at the appointment anyway) and did some cleaning. Around 10, we picked up my mom and we went to Carter's to choose a couple outfits! We found two outfit sets that each came with a long sleeve, short sleeve, and those pants with the adorable appliques on the tush. We brought them up to the cashier and handed the envelope over and asked her to box up the right outfit and that we didn't want to know which one it was. 


I, of course, forgot to bring a cute little white gift box to bring and they didn't have any, either (say what?) but thankfully, she was able to go in the back and get us a box they had used previously for shipping. She sealed it up nice and tight with the ultrasound and receipt inside and we were on our way.

We got it back to my mom's and I wanted to wrap it to make it look nice. Yeah, well, that didn't happen


All we had to work with was pink wrapping paper. But what if our little baby was a boy? We found some blue ribbon and no matter what we did, we just could not make it look nice. I literally started sobbing. My poor mom didn't know what to do. Finally we found a cute little box that we could transfer the outfit to. Only problem is, who's going to be the one to open the box and put it in the other? Naturally we did the only logical thing and both did it with our faces pointed toward the ceiling and eyes shut tight. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that moment. We must have looked so ridiculous! But at least the box finally looked decent:


I left the box there because I knew I would be too tempted to open it if I brought it home.

I went back home and did the finishing touches on everything and when Keith got home we threw a pizza in the oven for a quick, simple clean-up dinner. Then our guests started showing up!

We kind of threw this party together last minute. I wish I would have done more with it but I think it came out pretty cute :)

I noticed that the only cupcake liners I had were blue, so naturally I had to make pink frosting! A bit ticked with the food coloring box directions. This was NOT the shade they were supposed to turn out! Oh well.

These were a huge hit!


Stay tuned for a post of what our family members think we should name this little baby! 


Team Blue!!!

Team Pink was seriously outnumbered!

And I just need to say.. I was Team Blue. You all know that. I thought for sure this little one was a boy! This pregnancy was so similar to my last one in terms of morning sickness and how tired I was all the time. I was so full of energy and NO sickness with Aubrey! But the night before the party, I got this overwhelming and completely irrational fear. "What if we're having a girl, and in 10 years she looks back at pictures from the party and sees that both of her parents thought she was a boy?" The idea seriously got me really stressed out so I decided to switch to pink so at least one parent would be right!



THE BIG REVEAL!!!

I LOVE the look on Aubrey's face at the end! Such a proud big sis!


~




 Baby Sawtelle is a...
GIRL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment