We are now down to 8 days and she is crazy excited! We have each chosen a couple of ponies to cosplay and I have chosen to wait til the last minute to put them all together this weekend. Yay, procrastination! I will post about it when we come back from Jersey!
2. Go to the beach - I definitely want to hit up our local beach a few times this summer, but going as a family to the beach up in York, Maine is a must! Keith & I are both on vacation in July, during the week between Aubrey & Keith's birthdays and we have so much planned that week! Since it's about an hour and a half drive, we are going to head up early one morning, spend the day at the beach, hit up a hotel for the night and then head to..
3. York's Wild Kingdom - I have never been and have always wanted to go. It looks like they have a ton of animals, plus a butterfly garden and small amusement park with rides.
4. Go to a Red Sox game - Baseball is my favorite sport. People think it's boring to watch on tv, but I think that's why I like it so much. It's easy to follow, and there are good looking men wearing tight fitting pants. I'm looking at you, Mike Napoli. Plus, I love the feeling I get when I'm at Fenway Park. You can't beat singing Sweet Caroline at the top of your lungs with a $9 beer in your right hand and Cracker Jacks in your left. So good, so good, so good.
5. Go to amusement parks - We've already gone to Canobie Lake on their opening day this season, but we would love to hit up Story Land, which is about a 2 hour drive from us. We are still contemplating staying overnight in a hotel and finding something else to do up there on the second day, but jeez, hotels are expensive!
6. Go to the local splash pad - It's been a while since we've been to the splash pad. Last summer, Addie was only a few months old so doing anything with her in tow was a little difficult. But this year? Oh, this year it is on.
7. Davis Farmland - Davis Farmland is, hands down, the coolest place in Massachusetts. It's a children's discovery farm that has a pretend cow to milk, a play market filled with pretend fruits and veggies, a "camp" area complete with pretend campfire and tents, and of course, lots of animals, hay rides, and they also have a splash park as well.
8. Go to a pick-your-own farm - We love picking strawberries and blueberries and then coming home and making something yummy!
9. Swimming - Of course! Our girls are two little fishies. They love the water. I think I may sign Aubrey up for swim lessons this summer, as well. While she loves going swimming in our condo's big, indoor/in ground pool, she required a float vest as well as an inflatable ring before she will even think about letting go of Mama or Daddy ;)
10. Go to a festival - New England has so many summer festivals and we have never been to one as a family. I think it's time to change that!
What's on your summer bucket list?