Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! 

We started the celebration on Saturday when we had my mom over for dinner. I was exhausted after going into the office for a little overtime that morning, but we enjoyed ourselves. We cooked steaks on the grill and made the Pioneer Woman's twice-baked potatoes. Oh lord. So good. 

Sunday morning, Aubrey woke us up at 5am by coming into our bedroom in hysterics because one of her earrings came out. She was sleeping on one of her stuffed animals and it got stuck and came out when she was adjusting herself in her sleep. I had to climb up on her loft bed to find it so her hole wouldn't close up. Pretty sure I'm well over the weight limit. Ah well. It's still standing, so that's a plus.

After I got it back in, I decided to just stay up since my alarm was set for 6:40, anyway. I had some coffee and caught up on some of my favorite blogs in peace and quiet. 

We had plans for brunch at the Cheesecake Factory, so everyone got up and dressed and I got my Mother's Day gift! In lieu of a card, I got a pretty, sparkly notebook with the first page decorated. Each year, the girls will add drawings, photos, and messages in it so I can have them all together in one place! I loved this idea.



I have been on a health kick lately and have been wanting to get my hands on a Fitbit.  I was not disappointed when I opened the gift bag and saw this! If anyone has one, let me know. I'd love to add some more friends!



We got to The Cheesecake Factory a little before 9 and waited outside. They opened the doors about 10 minutes early and we got seated and ordered. I decided on the Belgian waffle with strawberries. It was amazing! Keith got the Monte Cristo breakfast sandwich, which he liked but would have liked better if the french toast was cooked more. The girls split a French toast kids brunch meal and it was plenty.



We were stuffed after brunch, but can't leave without a slice of their famous cheesecake, so we decided to take it to go. Keith got the s'mores cheesecake, I got the Hershey bar cheesecake, and Aubrey decided she wanted chocolate cake. Little did we know how HUGE this piece was! There's still a small piece left in the fridge waiting to be eaten. 


This has been one of the best Mother's Days I've had. I love the thought Keith and the girls put into the notebook. It's definitely something I will treasure long after my girls are grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment