Thursday, May 29, 2014

2014 Summer Bucket List!

New England hasn't gotten the memo that this past Monday marked the unofficial start of Summer. We have been wearing sweatshirts and avoiding rain drops all week, but that hasn't stopped me from dreaming up our summer bucket list! We have such a fun summer planned and I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can start putting these plans into action!



1. Attend the Big Apple Ponycon! Aubrey has had an ongoing obsession with My Little Pony for the past 2 years. I first heard about Ponycon last year when Aubrey & I were at our local theater's special showing of My Little Pony: Equestria Girls. When I saw that it was coming back around this summer, I knew Aubrey would love to go, so Keith & I talked and decided that I would take Aubrey, since Addie is still really small and wouldn't be able to really do anything and would just be cranky the whole time, since she would be confined to her stroller. They are going to have a lot of kids events, arts and crafts, a pony salon, pony sing-a-long, and more. We surprised her about a month ago with this chalkboard that I made, along with a piggy bank to start saving money for spending at the convention, and she has religiously woken up each morning and counted down. 

We are now down to 8 days and she is crazy excited! We have each chosen a couple of ponies to cosplay and I have chosen to wait til the last minute to put them all together this weekend. Yay, procrastination! I will post about it when we come back from Jersey!

2. Go to the beach - I definitely want to hit up our local beach a few times this summer, but going as a family to the beach up in York, Maine is a must! Keith & I are both on vacation in July, during the week between Aubrey & Keith's birthdays and we have so much planned that week! Since it's about an hour and a half drive, we are going to head up early one morning, spend the day at the beach, hit up a hotel for the night and then head to..

3. York's Wild Kingdom - I have never been and have always wanted to go. It looks like they have a ton of animals, plus a butterfly garden and small amusement park with rides.

4. Go to a Red Sox game - Baseball is my favorite sport. People think it's boring to watch on tv, but I think that's why I like it so much. It's easy to follow, and there are good looking men wearing tight fitting pants. I'm looking at you, Mike Napoli. Plus, I love the feeling I get when I'm at Fenway Park. You can't beat singing Sweet Caroline at the top of your lungs with a $9 beer in your right hand and Cracker Jacks in your left. So good, so good, so good.

5. Go to amusement parks - We've already gone to Canobie Lake on their opening day this season, but we would love to hit up Story Land, which is about a 2 hour drive from us. We are still contemplating staying overnight in a hotel and finding something else to do up there on the second day, but jeez, hotels are expensive! 

6. Go to the local splash pad - It's been a while since we've been to the splash pad. Last summer, Addie was only a few months old so doing anything with her in tow was a little difficult. But this year? Oh, this year it is on. 

7. Davis Farmland - Davis Farmland is, hands down, the coolest place in Massachusetts. It's a children's discovery farm that has a pretend cow to milk, a play market filled with pretend fruits and veggies, a "camp" area complete with pretend campfire and tents, and of course, lots of animals, hay rides, and they also have a splash park as well. 


8. Go to a pick-your-own farm - We love picking strawberries and blueberries and then coming home and making something yummy!

9. Swimming - Of course! Our girls are two little fishies. They love the water. I think I may sign Aubrey up for swim lessons this summer, as well. While she loves going swimming in our condo's big, indoor/in ground pool, she required a float vest as well as an inflatable ring before she will even think about letting go of Mama or Daddy ;)

10. Go to a festival - New England has so many summer festivals and we have never been to one as a family. I think it's time to change that!

What's on your summer bucket list?

2 comments:

  1. I remember Storyland! I loved it as a kid. Someday I have to have kid so I can take them there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thanks for your comment :) My husband and I have never been. I think we might be more excited than the girls!

      Delete