Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cream Cheese Chicken

I have gotten quite a few requests for this recipe, and it really is AMAZING so of course I had to share it. When I ask Keith what he wants on the menu this week, 9 times out of 10 he will request cream cheese chicken. For a while, I wasn't able to make it because my wonderful husband broke my crock pot, but I found an adorable one at Target a week or two ago and it was on clearance so I had to have it.


Cream Cheese Chicken:
1-2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast (I usually throw it right in the crock frozen, so if you put it in fresh, it won't take as long to cook)
1 8-oz block of cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter
1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix (we use the Zesty one)
1 can cream of chicken soup


1. Cut up the stick of butter and put it in a microwave-safe bowl. Nuke until melted. (Or, a genius idea I had while I was waiting for the microwave to beep, was to just throw it in the bottom of the crock pot and let it melt that way.. thus one less bowl to clean). Mix in the Italian dressing package. 






2. Put your chicken in the crock pot and pour the butter mixture over it.



At this point, your 3 year old will probably want something. Mine, in particular, wanted "coffee". My amazing friend Erin let me in on this secret when Aubrey kept wanting sips of my iced coffee. Pure genius, I tell you.

Anyway, back to the chicken.

3. Cook on high for 4 hours, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. At this point you can either shred it or leave it as a whole breast. I do the latter. Take it out of the crock and throw in the cream cheese (I cut it into chunks to make it melt faster) and cream of chicken soup. Stir until mixed together. Put chicken back in and keep crock pot on "Warm" until you are ready for it. Serve with your favorite sides (I personally love mashed potatoes and broccoli).



I wish I would have gotten a picture of the finished product on the plate because I promise it looks a lot more appetizing.. But I tend to do this thing where I get excited to shove my face and just forget to take pictures. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment