Thursday, September 20, 2012

{17 weeks}

So this update is late.. Thursday night was a rough one. I'll explain in a minute. but first..


How far along? 17 weeks
Baby stats: Baby is the size of a turnip! Which makes me want a boiled dinner in the worst way.
Total weight gain/loss: Finally starting to gain some weight! Up 3 pounds since finding out we are expecting
Maternity clothes? Yes 
Stretch marks? Besides the ones from Aubrey, none
Sleep: Good!
Best moment this week: Finding matching bed/crib bedding for the girls!

Miss Anything? Sleeping on my belly
Movement: Flutters. Can't wait for hard kicks that Keith and Aubrey will be able to feel :)

Food cravings: Steak with Catalina dressing
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still gagging over everything..
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: GIRL! 

Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Heartburn
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :)
Looking forward to: Seeing baby girl on the ultrasound again!

All day Thursday, I was feeling sick. Mild cramping, headache, nausea, vomiting. I made sure I kept up with my fluid intake and took it easy for most of the day. I really didn't want to call out of work so I went in. By lunch time I was still not feeling better. I called my doctor and let her know what was going on and she told me to go home, drink lots of water, and rest and to call her back if things don't get better. 

I left work and had to pull over twice to get sick. Finally got home and just couldn't keep anything down. Not even water.. so I called my doctor and off to the hospital I went. I got there right before 10pm and didn't end up leaving until 4:30 in the morning.. Within that time I got anti-nausea meds, bloodwork, IV fluids, and an ultrasound to make sure everything with the little ladybug is okay.



Everything is looking perfect in there, turns out it's a bad case of the flu! Ugh. I'm glad that it was just that, though, and nothing more serious. After going through a loss it's hard to not think the worst. The ultrasound tech confirmed that "she" was still a "she" and she was having a dance party while we watched. It was hilarious, but a little unnerving since it was 1:30 in the morning. Hopefully she calms down a bit and learns night from day before she gets to big that I really start feeling kicks and twirls ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment