Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day

{via}

As many of you probably saw, today - October 15th - is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day. This is our first year of "awareness" and it is hitting me kind of hard. There isn't a day that goes by where KRJ doesn't cross my mind at least once. Usually I'm okay, but some days it's just really hard to deal with. He would be just about 2 months old now. Lifting his head, smiling, cooing. We would be choosing out his first Halloween costume. I would most likely be coordinating his with Aubrey's (who is going to be Minnie this year!).

In honor of this day, everybody was invited to light a candle at 7pm in whatever time zone they are in and to leave it burning for at least one hour. This resulted in a wave of light all over the world to remember the babies we lost too soon.

I don't do candles. I'm a Scentsy consultant and have been obsessed with it for 2+ years. I got rid of the candles we had. The only 2 we own are stashed away for an emergency. However, I did buy some tealights when I went shopping yesterday to put in our carved pumpkins (more about that soon!) because I couldn't find battery operated ones.. so that is what we used. I think it looks really pretty!



I need a bigger space for our little memorial! I have a couple pictures of KRJ framed, plus a box with other mementos. Programs from the private ceremony we had, more pictures, the professional pictures that the hospital had done, a book about grieving that my pastor gave me, things like that. But these are my favorite keepsakes. The gorgeous urn. The shell that was used to baptize him. The footprints the nurses were kind enough to stamp for me. Things I will cherish forever. <3

One of my good friends, Sabrina, just sent me this quote and I thought it was perfect: "I held you every second of your life. If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever"

No comments:

Post a Comment