Tuesday, July 9, 2013


This weekend we celebrated Aubrey's 4th birthday. 

Her FOURTH BIRTHDAY, guys. I might have cried a little bit.

On her birthday eve, also known as the 4th of July to the rest of the world, we had a mini cookout at home. Keith's parents came over for dinner and we hung out outside with poppers, sparklers, and ice cream cones.

Keith read Aubrey her last bedtime story as a 3 year old.. (For the record, I did not cry. And by "did not" I mean, I totally did.)

After everyone went to bed, I did a little decorating.

We woke up nice and early for our fun day and she was thrilled to wake up and see the pretty balloons

Breakfast of champions, I know. But they are her favorite, she doesn't get them often, and we needed something quick because we had a big day planned!

We met up with my niece and her family (her kids at 3 and 1 1/2) and drove into Boston. Thankfully, pretty much everyone had the day off because of the holiday, so there was no traffic!

We got to the aquarium around 11:30 and had ourselves a blast. It had been about a year and a half since Aubrey went to the aquarium and I think she was still a little young to really enjoy it, so I was excited to see her reaction to everything. 

{the rolls!}

After we checked out all of the exhibits, purchased the professional group picture they take of everyone going in, and hitting up the gift shop (where Aubrey chose a $3 toy, along with the small ocean sticker book I picked out for her.. woohoo for only spending $5!), we braved the heat and made our way to Faneuil Hall for lunch. 

When we made it back to the car, we were all exhausted and ready to crank the AC and go home. We were barely out of the parking garage before they were both passed out. When we got home, I ran out and did some last-minute errands for the party and got ready for our besties to sleep over!

We had to run to UPS around 7:30 to pick up some party supplies that I had ordered 2 weeks prior (I won't get started on that, let's just say my first shipment is in California, and some random Californian's baby shower decor is sitting in my closet since I was told by the company to "just keep it".. anybody have a monkey themed shower coming up soon?) We stopped at Starbucks for some caffeine since we knew it would be a long night, and then headed home where our sangria was waiting.

This girl right here is my rock. Seriously. Expect a post soon about how amazing she is. Expect another one about how I make stupid faces when I'm laughing.

I was planning on making bone and paw shaped sugar cookies for the party, but for some reason the dough would NOT firm. Seriously. It's 4 days later and that crap is still in my fridge sticking to the plastic wrap. I'll probably just make some drop cookies with it. Or eat it. Whatever.

3:00am finally rolls around and we finally finish everything that needs to be done (which included making and listening to a Warped Tour play list on Spotify because we are going this week! Ahh!). We were exhausted but had such a great time. It had seriously been years since our last sleepover and it was great bonding time. 

I'll post about the party soon! I have a baby who is waking up from her nap any minute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment