Thursday, February 7, 2013

{37 weeks - FULL TERM!}


How far along? 37 weeks! 
Baby stats: Addison is the size of a stalk of swiss chard, which, like a crenshaw melon, I have no idea what it is! But who cares! She's about 19.5" long and is now considered FULL TERM!!! Ahhhh!
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Yup
Sleep: Ugh
Best moment this week: Buying all of our last minute baby things! We have everything we need to welcome Addison into the world! AND!!! Big news that I will explain in a minute!

Miss Anything? Wine, belly sleeping, life before gallstone pain.
Movement: Tons. She was dancing all over the place last night. Kinda like how I get when they play MJ at a bar after I've had a few to drink.. only she's more confined and it hurts like hell. 

Food cravings:  Steak! I can't get enough.. and Ocean Spray Cran-Grape juice! Mmm
Anything making you queasy or sick: I've been waking up every morning kind of queasy. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: GIRL! 

Labor Signs: Contractions, but nothing to write home about. They are a steady 5-6 minutes apart for like an hour and then stop. Blah
Symptoms: Swollen feet, and my heartburn has decided to come back after taking a week or two off.
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? Took them off last week.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody. Still crying like every day because I'm sick of being in pain.
Looking forward to: Meeting this little girl! And brushing the long locks of hair I'm convinced she will come out with given the amount of heartburn I've had. I've seriously gone through like a case of tums in the past 7 months.

This week was a big week. A big, huge, awesome week. As I mentioned in my 36 week post, I had an appointment on Tuesday with my doctor. It's the first time I have really seen her since this pain started so she wanted to check me out and see what was going on. She set me up for an appointment with a surgeon for this Monday (the 11th) and he will evaluate and as long as he determines my pain is being caused my gall stones they will be taking Addison at 38 weeks. AKA Valentine's Day! I've already started looking at cute little Valentine's Day PJs and have my eye on some that I'm going to get if my appointment goes well on Monday.

Last night, Keith & I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary! It's actually today, but I couldn't get tonight off of work since it's the start of the Valentine's Day blackout period (one of our busiest times of year). To celebrate, Keith's dad took Aubrey for a few hours and we went out for dinner to a steakhouse because I have been craving steak like nobody's business. We went balls to the wall with a 4 course meal because not only was it our Anniversary dinner, but it was also serving as our Valentine's Day night out and our "last night out" before Miss Addie Grace joins us. 

After dinner, we went to Babies R Us because I decided that we needed one more blanket for Addie to have for when she's in her car seat. I also needed a wipes case for my diaper bag, and of course couldn't pass up a Baby Memory book we saw for 60% off. I didn't even think of a baby book up until that moment for some reason. 


{love that it comes with a soft birdy rattle!}

{can't wait to fill out the "born on" <3}

Other than that, we have a few last-minute things to do here. I have to put together the small side table we bought for next to my glider to put nursing supplies, receiving blankets, a book, etc. We need to do a little cleaning but Keith's last day is tomorrow so I'm thinking we can just spend this weekend doing it since we are expecting a big storm tomorrow night. I'm supposed to be working but if it's as bad as they are saying it's going to be (33"!) I will not be risking the drive in. It takes me a half hour to get there as it is. I can imagine how long it will take me to get home at 1 in the morning.

Next week, we have my appointment on Monday and then Keith & I both wanted to do one last fun thing with Aubrey before Addison gets here. She has been wanting to go to Chuck E Cheese so Keith plans to take her there, and I'm going to take her out for lunch and bring her to Build-a-Bear to make a bear for Addison, and possibly one for her too, if she's good ;) I can't believe how close we are to the end of my pregnancy. One part of me is SO READY to be done, but I know in a few weeks I'm going to be missing those baby kicks. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment