Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Last Few Days

After my 37 week doctor's appointment last week, I knew the time was getting close. Our family of 3 would become a family of 4. Aubrey would no longer be "the baby", even though she will always be MY "baby". The kid-to-parent ratio would soon be equal.

My last day of work was last Thursday. It was supposed to be Friday, but we got a massive snow storm so work ended up closing for the night (which sucks for our Canada office because they had to run the whole show by themselves all night). Keith took his last day on Friday and we spent half of our weekend cooped up in the house due to a driving ban the governor of Massachusetts set, and the other half going to stores to get last minute things on our list (which is still not 100% crossed off.. woops)




We knew we wanted to make this last week with Aubrey special.. so we both planned something to do with her. Keith wanted to take her to Chuck E. Cheese, so Mondahy after I got home from my consultation with the surgeon (which went well! After looking at my ultrasound he actually found a few stones rather than just one. If it continues to give me problems after I have healed from my c-section I will be getting my gallbladder removed, hopefully before returning to work from my maternity leave) we went. 

My camera is already stashed away in my hospital bag, so I just got a few pics via cell phone:



{i've been trying to get him to trim the beard/hair a little bit before Addie gets here, but I don't think that's a battle I'll be winning lol}


She got out of bed last night at 11:00 and wanted to cuddle with me on the couch while Keith & I watched tv. It has been a long time since I cuddled her to sleep before bed, so no way was I turning that down. 




I took extra time getting her ready for dance class yesterday because I know next week, and probably in the couple weeks following, it will be Keith bringing her while I recover and try to get some one-on-one time with Addison.

At my doctor's appointment, I let her take a few extra stickers because I knew this would be the last time we would be there for 6 weeks.

After my appointment, we headed off on my date idea: Build a Bear Workshop. I've known for a while that this was one of the "last minute" things I wanted to do with her before Addison got here. When I was 39 weeks pregnant with Aubrey, I went there and made a bear for her, and I was excited for her to make one for Addison. She even chose to use the money in her piggy bank to make one for herself.




{Addison's bear on the left, which she named "Addison" lol, and Aubrey's bear, McStuffins, on the right}

On the way to Build-a-Bear, my doctor's office called me to let me know that my c-section was officially bumped up to Valentine's Day!! I was so beyond excited, I almost started crying. The only downfall? I had to go back to the hospital, which is about 20 minutes from our house, later that day to do pre-op bloodwork. I also had a phone interview with a nurse to go over my health history and what to expect the day of the surgery. She also let me know that kids are being allowed to visit the hospital again after being restricted for the last 1+ month. I am SO thrilled to be able to share tomorrow with Aubrey and let her be the first one (besides me & Keith, obviously) to meet her little sister. Had the ban not been lifted, she would have had to wait til I got home and the thought of going so many days without seeing her killed me. After the surgery is all done and Addison & I are settled in our room, Keith is going to go pick Aubrey up and bring her up, and then when his dad and stepmom come up to visit they will bring her back to their house for a sleepover.

Today was spent doing MORE last minute things.. I think we're finally done! I got both Addison's carseat and Aubrey's new carseat installed, we got a few little things at Babies R Us, and with the exception of my makeup, toothbrush, and deodorant, my bags are packed. I even got some little Valentines cupcakes and cookies for the nurses station as a "thank you". Keith thinks I'm lame and corny but whatever. Nothing wrong with a little sucking up to the women who are giving you drugs :) I also made Aubrey up a little Valentines day goodie bag for when she visits with stickers, some Squinkies (they will be the death of me.. ahh) and other small things to keep her occupied after she gets sick of Addison ;)

We went out for dinner as a family of three one last time. I'm about to go heat up some leftovers really quick since I have to fast starting at midnight and will be on a clear liquid diet for lord knows how long after surgery. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment