Thursday, January 31, 2013

{36 weeks}



How far along? 36 weeks!
Baby stats: Addison is about the size of a crenshaw melon (what the hell is that?) and is about 18.5" long. She is shedding the waxy substance that has protected her skin for the past 36 weeks and is gaining weight like crazy. One more week til she is full-term, thank goodness.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Yup
Sleep: I don't even want to talk about it.
Best moment this week: Getting my diaper bag and infant carrier in!

Miss Anything? Again.. moving without this awful pain.
Movement: So much.

Food cravings:  Not so much this week
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: GIRL! 

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks
Symptoms: Swollen feet. Womp womp
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? Just had to take them off. :(

Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody. This pain is making me an evil witch
Looking forward to: meeting Miss Addie Grace and hopefully ridding myself of this pain..

To celebrate the turn of 36 weeks, we spent the day in Labor & Delivery. When I woke up this morning, the pain I've been complaining about for the past month was so bad I couldn't even turn over to get out of bed. Naturally I called my mom freaking out and she suggested calling Keith at work and going to the hospital, and that's what I did. Right now, our hospital has strict visitor policies (2 visitors at a time, and only if they don't have ANY symptoms, and no kids under 10) due to the awful flu season, so I was worried they wouldn't let Aubrey in. Well, when we got there they did let her in but let us know that she couldn't stay. So that was another thing to worry about. Luckily Rachel (my best friend) was able to meet Keith at our house and take her for the day. It sucked being alone for the 1+ hour while he went but I knew it had to be done. 

I don't know if I've explained this pain in detail, but it's like right under my boobs right in the middle and it goes all around my right side to my back. It is burning and achy 100% of the time, but I get very frequent shooting/stabbing pains. My doctor's office sent me for an ultrasound on Tuesday to check for gall stones and they didn't see anything, but the doctor in L&D said that there was a small amount of sludge and a tiny stone (how fun!) but she doesn't think that's what is causing me to be in this excruciating pain. 

They hooked me up to the monitors, gave me an IV with fluids and meds, did blood and urine tests, the whole 9 yards. They were concerned with pre-eclampsia because my feet are pretty swollen and I've been having a little blurred vision and floaters but that came back negative. At one point I was getting pretty constant contractions that were getting a little painful, but of course they died down. The nurses thought I was in labor. They checked me and I have started to dilate, which is a plus.. but I know that can last weeks. 



They couldn't find anything wrong, so I got sent home around 4pm. I have an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday and I really hope we can discuss an earlier c-section date. I already have one scheduled for 39 weeks but I don't know if I can deal with this for another 3 weeks. It seems to get worse as the days go on. I know it's best for Addison to stay in as long as possible, but this pain and stress I'm in can NOT be good for her either. And the bright side is, as soon as she is out they can run more extensive testing to see what exactly is wrong and hopefully get it fixed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment