Thursday, January 10, 2013

{33 weeks}


How far along? 33 weeks!
Baby stats: Addison weighs a little over 4 pounds (the size of a pineapple!) and is over 17" long. Her bones are hardening. The bones in her noggin still aren't fused together and won't be entirely until she reaches adulthood to make room for her brain.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? The ones from Aubrey are coming a little more noticeable
Sleep: I wish sleep could be my job.
Best moment this week: This has to be a trick question or something.

Miss Anything? Belly sleeping.
Movement: Lots. 

Food cravings:  Mexican food! Bring on the yellow rice, chimichangas, and virgin 'ritas!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I tried once again to drink a cup of hot coffee this week with no luck. My mom got me my 2 favorite kinds of k-cups (Butter Toffee and Spicy Eggnog! Mmm) as part of my Christmas gift  but hot coffee is going to have to hold off another 6 weeks. I did, however, make a delicious iced coffee using a Butter Toffee k-cup and I was in heaven!
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: GIRL! 

Labor Signs: Pressure
Symptoms: Lots of pinching in the cervix area. Ouch! Oh and I can waddle with the best of them.
Belly Button in or out? Kind of starting to poke out
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :)
Looking forward to: Breastfeeding class tonight, and Aubrey's Big Sis class on Saturday!


The past two weeks have been less than kind to me. The weekend before New Years Eve I landed my butt in the hospital for contractions 2-3 minutes apart and just feeling all around crappy. Six hours, an exam, flu testing, IV and tons of bloodwork later, the consensus was a UTI and dehydration (which I totally don't understand because I drink ice water like it's my job). I asked for my antibiotic in a liquid form because I just don't do well with pills, especially while pregnant. We go and pick that up and grab some dinner and head home. After we eat I go to take my first round of antibiotics and immediately get sick. Okay, cool. I tried twice more over the course of the night and it just wasn't staying down. By Sunday morning I felt even worse and called my doctor to let them know I wasn't keeping anything, including my medicine, down for more than a few minutes at a time. She suggested coming back to L&D for an IV of the antibiotics and some more fluid. Keith and Aubrey dropped me off because they had a date planned to see Monsters, Inc 3D (and to be honest I preferred the quiet time anyway to try to get some rest, plus the hospital is no fun for a 3 year old!). They got me hooked up to another IV, ran some more blood tests, and then gave me a shot of the antibiotic in my bum which I wasn't too happy about because it hurt like a B. Around 1 they let me eat. Since I didn't have breakfast I chose french toast with a side of bacon and fruit and yogurt it was SO good. I think I found my breakfast of choice for my hospital stay after I have Addison! A while later they were discussing discharging me and checked me out one last time and found out that not only do I have a UTI, but also a sinus infection and ear infection. Fun stuff! 

I bit the bullet and decided to try an antibiotic in pill form, but made sure it was one I could cut up. It was so much better than the liquid as long as I took it with a glass of Coke or something equally carbonated. I had an appointment that Monday to see my NP but she had to cancel due to a family emergency. I was feeling much better after taking a couple rounds of the antibiotic and was ready to go back to work Tuesday, which was New Years Day (aka cha-chinggg, double time at work!) but after thinking about it for a while she had the receptionist call and told me I had to take a freaking week off. I was really angry and upset because - hello - 7 weeks away from having another baby and I still have a ton of stuff to do/buy. I tried pleading. I tried crying. But they wouldn't budge. So I sucked it up and took the week off. Later in the week I got a call saying "hey, your cultures came back.. you have the flu!" Well where the hell is my party hat? Let's celebrate. 

I *finally* got back to work this past Tuesday (the 8th). I made it through one night, no problem. Wake up yesterday morning and -surprise!!!!!- I can't open my eyes! They are glued shut with nasty eye gunk. I stumble into the bathroom and use a warm facecloth to clear it all away and noticed my eyes looked a little red, but not too bad. But as the day progressed they got worse and worse. I called my doctor, but since she's an OB she can't help. My general practitioner literally just moved across the country a couple weeks ago and I am still in the process of finding us a family doctor/pediatrician. So I was told I have to go to urgent care to get checked out. I went into work because I had some training I didn't want to miss and I tried to just truck through the night but by 7:00 I had so much pressure in my eyes I couldn't concentrate. So off I go to immediate care where I was diagnosed with conjunctivitis in both eyes. I'm telling you.. this is NOT my week!

Tonight we are attending a breastfeeding class which I'm pretty excited about. I never tried nursing Aubrey and I have quite a bit of regret about it so I definitely wanted to give it a shot this time around. Then on Saturday Aubrey has a "Being the older sibling" class! The class description says for her to bring a newborn photo of herself, along with a doll or stuffed animal with legs. Does this mean she will learn how to change a diaper so I can hand her sister off to her when she has those poo-splosions? ;) A mama can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment