Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I can not believe how fast this year has gone by. Like seriously, weren't these pictures from Thanksgiving 2011 taken just yesterday?



So much has happened this year. It's hard to believe that we just celebrated that little baby's first birthday a couple weeks ago and that Aubrey's hair grew about 6 inches. It's even harder to believe that this was taken 3 years ago to the day:

{aubrey's 1st turkey day!}


We have a lot to be thankful for this year. A happy, healthy 3 year old. A healthy, active ballerina fetus who uses my bladder as a squeeze toy at all hours of the night. Our family and friends. My pink zebra print Snuggie that Keith surprised me with last week (okay, so maybe I'm the only one thankful for that.. but it keeps me so warm while I sit at the computer!)

But at the same time, I can't help but to feel a little down this year because I know that a family very close to my heart is hurting. Out of respect for the family I won't go into any further details.. but if you pray, please pray for a miracle. I hate that the last two times I have seen one of my best friends in the world has been for tragic matters (she lives across the country). Even though we haven't talked as much recently, I've spent the last 2 afternoons at the hospital with her. Talking, crying, hugging. Praying that her mom will be okay. Carrying on like no time had gone by since the last time we saw each other. That's how you know you have a real friend.  

This has put a lot of things into perspective for me. Life can change in a split second. I always knew that, but it is really hitting me hard right now. It's like reality came and slapped me in the face. I called my mom tonight after I got home and we talked for an hour. I can't remember the last time we did that. 

Too often we take things for granted. One day, we're not going to be able to just call up a loved one to say hi. One day, we would do anything to hear their voice one more time. Always say "I love you". Never say goodbye when you're angry. Call them just because. Make them feel special. Because one day, you won't be able to.

We are far from rich. We have far from everything. We are far from perfect. But I am so, so thankful that I get to share my life with such amazing family and friends. Especially my wonderful husband, and my two little ladies.

Happy Thanksgiving, from our family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment