Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Our Trip to York: Day 2

Day 2 started bright and early in our hotel! We packed up our things and went down for a complimentary breakfast. I think we both agreed we would have been better off tracking down a diner, but oh well. 

We got to York Animal Kingdom a little bit after they opened, but since it was a Tuesday it wasn't too bad, despite the school buses from summer camps (I assume) on field trips. 


Aubrey saw that she could ride a camel and HAD to do it. I was a little nervous letting her go alone but she promised to hold on tight and it seemed pretty safe.


The backpack carrier definitely came in handy during the morning half of our day. It was so much easier than pushing a carriage around and Addie loved it!






Aubrey loved petting the deer, who in turn ate our map. Yay.



They have a butterfly room with tons of butterflies! This was our last stop before grabbing lunch and Addie was getting hungry, so we didn't spend a ton of time in here.



I read reviews that the food was gross and overpriced at the zoo (for what it's worth, I saw what other zoo-goers were eating and it didn't look bad at all), so we headed to a local spot for some pizza. Thanks to Yelp, we ordered our first ever gas station pizza. I know.. it sounds iffy. But they have a whole little to-go counter with subs and sandwiches and all sorts of yummy stuff. And it was some of the best pizza I've had in a long time. If you are ever in York, you need to go here. They also had mudslide iced coffee that was out of this world.

After lunch, we went back to the zoo and surprisingly got a decent parking spot. We decided to forgo the backpack carrier since we knew Addie would be going on rides and it's kind of a pain to get her in and out of.










Keith wanted to try out the batting cages, so the girls & I decided to hit up the carousel. Their faces said it all.




After our go-round, we decided to get some fried dough. It was humongous! There was more than enough for the 4 of us and it was delicious.


Aubrey wanted to try out the haunted house. I'm a super wimp and wouldn't even go in this thing when I was like 12. I told her I didn't think it was a good idea, especially when we saw a 10 year old coming out running and crying. But she insisted, and she did great! No tears, just a little jump when they triggered a loud alarm.


We had a really great time at the zoo. It was my first time there and it did not dissapoint! We will definitely go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment