Monday, June 24, 2013

50 years

Last night, the fam attended a 50th Anniversary party in honor of Keith's stepmother's parents and we all had a great time!


My crappy iPhone camera couldn't capture a picture worthy enough of showing the love that these two have for each other. They are one of the sweetest couples I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and it's amazing that the family has such a wonderful couple to look up to.


There's something about attending a 50th anniversary party that makes you really look at your relationship and think about what you can do to get to that point in life. Even if I was a little upset that a certain husband of mine requested our wedding song and then immediately disappeared for a half hour. Ahem... (Thankfully, my awesome brother in law filled in and asked me to dance and his wife danced with Addie.) We are only 1/10th of the way to 50, and I can't wait to see what the next 45 years brings :)

Keith's dad was super thoughtful and requested What A Wonderful World to dance to with Aubrey (which immediately brought me to tears as soon as the song started and the DJ said this was a "special request". It brings me back to the day after she was born, and he brought us flowers and a card that played that very song). Of course, Aubrey didn't want to dance and wanted to play with her Monsters, Inc guys. Typical Aubs. :P




Addie stayed awake the whole, entire time. I took her out on the dance floor and she was my dancing buddy the whole night! We danced to the Cha-Cha Slide, Cupid Shuffle, and countless other songs. I think she had fun! 

Aubrey wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get any decent photos, but that is the magic of this age. She is always on the go and exploring and I love that about her. It will be fun explaining why photos of her at age 3 are just a blur of pink.

The whole party was a lot of fun, and all of the children of the Guests of honor did a fantastic job putting the party together. The food was amazing, there was cheesecake AND cake (what!?!!), and the DJ did a great job of making sure everyone was having fun. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment