Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The one with the disappearing fish..

Do I have any Friends fans out there?


My husband & I are kind of obsessed. We have the 10 seasons on DVD and could watch them over and over. Our 2 year old knows the words to the theme song. We could have a whole conversation just in quotes from the show.


We love it so much, in fact, that we named both our cat and our fish after characters in the show. And had our obsession began earlier in our relationship, I'm pretty sure our dog would have been in the name scheme, too.


Anyway, every morning I have my coffee and read the latest celebrity gossip over at my favorite gossip blog. It's like my morning paper. I am mildly obsessed with keeping up with the Kardashians and seeing the newest pics of Hilary Duff's baby. 


But this morning was different. I noticed something missing. It took me a minute and then I realized that the fish bowl that housed Chandler was gone. I searched high and low and couldn't find it. The thought that he was dead never crossed my mind. Surely if Keith can text me lyrics to a Kenny Chesney song (inside joke) while I am at work, our fish's death would warrant the same. 


As I wondered where the fish was, my mind shot back to a couple of weeks ago when I snapped this picture on my phone of a Missing Pet flyer we saw on a field trip with Aubrey's class:



All I could think of was "who the heck loses a tortoise?"

Yeah, well. I win. Who the heck loses a fish?! And not just a fish - his whole bowl.


Well, my suspicions were correct. I asked Aubrey where Chandler was.
"In the toilet!"


Fail. Fail on the fish dying. Fail on my husband not telling me. Fail on me seriously sitting here drawing up a Missing Fish report in MS Paint for shits & giggles. Fails all around.

Cue the theme song.
No one told me life was gonna be this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment