Wednesday, June 25, 2014

March for Babies 2014!

It's that time of year again! The March for Babies walk! This year, we switched our name up a bit to honor not only KRJ, but our niece Lillian, who was born 13 weeks early, as well. I came up with the design for our t-shirts and I couldn't have been more pleased with how they came out. I decided on boxing gloves to represent Lillian, who has fought her way through all of the obstacles and struggles of being born so prematurely, and the angel wings to represent KRJ. 

When we got there, they had free bagels and coffee. Score! Their Area of Remembrance offered free white ribbons to those who have lost a baby, as well as river stones to write their names. I left this one there, and Aubrey wrote "KRJ" on a rock that has taken up residency on my desk at work :)


We had some photo ops before the walk began while we were waiting for a couple members of our team. Love this photo of me and Keith!




K+L's Mamas!



Me and my bestie!


The wagon got stuck on this turn of the ramp for about 2 minutes. Instead of anyone helping me, they decided to take photos and videos. My family rocks!


Crossing the finish line!



"I did it!"




Miss Lillian!


After the walk, we stayed for some bounce house, clown, and balloon animal fun!





We had an amazing turn out and raised over $700 to support the March of Dimes. See you next year, Team K+L Warriors!


No comments:

Post a Comment