Saturday, January 25, 2014

Our trip to Maine!

Sometimes, you just need a break from the city life. When that feeling strikes us, we take a few days off of work, pack our bags, and head 4 hours north to my mother in law's house. She lives about 3 hours north into Maine so she is literally in the middle of nowhere. The perfect place for a getaway!

We left on Thursday morning (the 16th, which was my birthday) and naturally had to stop for some caffeine before we hit the highway. A very sweet friend of mine sent me an e-gift card to Starbucks for my birthday!


The girls did great on the car ride and we had fun listening to the playlist that I made for our trip (I'll make another post about that later). 






We got to his mom's house and hung out for a few hours and then decided to go grab some seafood for my birthday. I had to be good because I'm in a Biggest Loser competition, so I got broiled scallops and a baked potato. Having a tiny sliver of the cake his mom made me was torture because it was SO yummy.





On Friday, we decided to take Aubrey to the Maine Children's Discovery Museum while Addie stayed at Grandma's house, since there was literally nothing she could have done being so small. I think Aubrey really loved the alone time she got with us.
















We spent the rest of our time up there just hanging out and relaxing. Aubrey had a lot of fun playing the Wii, especially Cooking Mama and Mario Kart!








Plans were to leave early Sunday morning, but after getting on the highway and seeing cars flipped over on the highway due to the snow, we decided to turn around and wait the storm out. It would have easily took us 6-7 hours to make it home and we just were not willing to risk our lives (plus, I know my girls and know there is absolutely no way they would sit still for 7 hours! lol) We went back to Keith's mom's house and the girls and I napped while Keith watched some football. We left for good around 8:00 that night and made it home just before midnight. 

We had a great trip, and the five days off of work were definitely needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment