Friday, December 14, 2012

{29 weeks}


How far along? 29 weeks!
Baby stats: Little lady weighs about 2.5 pounds (the size of a butternut squash! yum) and is just over 15" long. Her head is getting bigger to make room for her brain and her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature for life on the outside!
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No new ones yet *knock on wood*
Sleep: Sleep is gooood
Best moment this week: Not pregnancy related, but Aubrey had her Christmas dance recital! She and all of her friends in her class did a great job! 

Miss Anything? Vino.
Movement: Lots. 

Food cravings:  Spinach queso dip, which was satisfied last night when we had a family-double-date with my best friend and her daughter to see The Polar Express!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: GIRL! 

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks.
Symptoms: I thought for sure I was in labor last week.. it was so scary! More about that in a second.
Belly Button in or out? Kind of starting to poke out
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :)
Looking forward to: Countdown to Christmas!

So last Friday, Aubrey had a doctor's appointment for a 6 month weight check. She is a peanut and they wanted to make sure she was growing okay between her 3 year check up and now. She is still on the small side but she is growing steadily! They had to do some bloodwork to rule out anemia, since that can be a cause for weight on the lower side. They also gave her a flu shot. My hormones are through the roof right now and I was alone with her so naturally I was freaking out because she was going through so much. I hated having to hold her arm down so they could draw blood, and feeling her squeeze me so hard when they gave her her flu shot was heartbreaking.. but obviously two things that needed to be done. 

She has been mentioning seeing "black spots" in one of her eyes, and also that she has something in her ear.. so they checked her ears and found a ton of wax so they had to clean that out, which was more trauma for her. She just was NOT a happy camper, and I can't say that I blame her. They told me they would be having someone contact me to set up an eye appointment with an eye doctor. So off we went to run a few errands and just as I was getting near home, the doctor's office called me asking if I could make a 10:00am eye appointment. It was almost 9:30 at that point and I was in a completely different town so I asked if we would be able to schedule it for Monday. They called back 5 minutes later and said the eye doctor wants to see her today, and that we can't wait til next week. So obviously I start freaking out and call my mom and she comes with us to the appointment. They had to dilate her eyes, and the woman who did it was being less than patient considering she was dealing with a 3 year old. She was so quick to rush us around and was pretty snippy so that wasn't helping my nerves. The doctor himself was amazing and took his time to answer all of our questions and as far as he can see, Aubrey's eyes are fine. He sees nothing wrong and said the black spots could be just from her rubbing her eyes, or they could just be occasional floaters. We  go back in a year, unless she starts complaining about them more.

By this point I was not feeling good at all. I kept getting sharp cramps and lots of pressure "down there", and had a hard time catching my breath. At one point I was convinced she was going to fall out of me. I called Keith at work and he came home and we went to the doctor's. The NP checked me out and everything was normal, and she said it sounds like I was having a bad anxiety attack. I've never had one so I had no idea what to expect. It was awful, but I'm glad that it wasn't labor!  She wrote me a note to take the night off of work and Keith & I went out for dinner while his sister took Aubrey shopping. It was a nice impromptu date night, since we haven't had one in a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment