Monday, August 5, 2013

Addie's Eating Solids!

A couple of weeks ago, we decided it was time to start giving Addison some real food! Homegirl would get pissed if we ate in front of her and she would lunge at my hand if I was eating something and holding her at the same time!

I knew that I wanted to make my own baby food this time around. It's cost effective, fun and - most importantly - I know exactly what is going into my sweetie's belly. Plus I got to go out and buy a brand new toy: a food processor. There's a method to my madness, folks.



First up on the list was apples. Obviously she loved them! And I looove these fill-able squeeze pouches so we can take our homemade creations on the go!





After waiting the necessary 4 days, we moved on to carrots! My bff came over and helped me in the kitchen. I decided to make some peaches while I was already in the kitchen making the carrots. 


Carrots were an other win, and Aubrey and Mackenzie both got to feed Addison and did a great job without getting any food on her bib! (Rachel, on the other hand...)




Peaches were probably the easiest to make, and AG eats them right up. She loves them mixed in with a little oatmeal! 



Tonight marks another night in the kitchen, blending away.. We are down to a few cubes each of peaches and carrots and I think I'm going to add green beans into the mix next. I'll be one busy mama, but it's completely worth it to me. I think it's safe to say she isn't going to be picky!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, she's so chunky! ADORABLE! She looks so happy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete