Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

{this is a backdated post!}

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. As a kid I remember being so excited to see what the Easter Bunny would bring in my basket, and I loved finding the hidden eggs throughout my house. I think thing I ever found in my basket was a pair of tickets to see the Backstreet Boys! (It was their Black & Blue tour, and I remember writing "BSB" all over my face, alternating my nails with black & blue nail polish, and streaking my hair with black & blue mascara.)

I didn't think it was possible to be as excited about the holidays as I was when I was a kid, but having children of your own makes it even MORE fun because you're so excited to see their faces when they come out and see was left for them. 


Aubrey was up bright & early to see what was left in her purple basket, and the Easter Bunny didn't disappoint! Addison was pretty indifferent through our Easter morning festivities because at 6 weeks old, you don't get excited over much! 





After the baskets were gone through and all of the eggs were found, we all showered/bathed/got ready for Easter dinner at my sister's house! 



One reason why I love the holidays so much is for the food. I'll admit I am scared to cook a whole ham, chicken or turkey. I love cooking and I think I'm pretty decent at it, but I am intimidated by things bigger than my head going into the oven. I WILL find a way to screw it up. Between my side of the family & Keith's side of the family, we end up with some pretty amazing food throughout the day, and by the time we get home we're all ready for bed because our tummies are so full. 


Addie may have been too small to enjoy THIS holiday, but come December it is ON! At 10 months old she will be the perfect age for her first Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment